since some people were asking I wrote a small FAQ:
Q: How to select multiple vertices in Vertex-Mode?
A: Hold down CTRL while selecting the vertices.
Q: How to move selected vertices without mouse?
A: Use the Arrow-Keys (Up/Down/Left/Right) on your Keyboard. The grid size defines how far the vertices will move.
Q: How to make an edge between two selected vertices?
A: Press CTRL+F (this only works when compiling an RMF-File).
Q: How to flip the side that is going to be cutted while in clip-mode?
A: Press the SHIFT+X). button again (
Q: How do I get model rendering in Hammers 3D-View?
A: 1) You have to use the 3.5beta version of Hammer.
2) Extract the Half-Life models from Steams half-life.gcf (../Steam/steamapps/half-life.gcf
) into your ../valve/models
3) Use a modified Half-Life Game Definition File
* (e.g. halflife-cs_expert.fgd
), it will contain information for hammer to display the models you have placed into your models-folder.
* This FGD pack was provided by Gimly on www.gimli-maps.de (went offline meanwhile)!
Q: How do I check for errors?
A: Press ALT+P. (!This wont show you Leaks!)
Q: I cant select anything in the 3D-View, whats the problem?
A: 1) If you are using a modern ATI card and/or drivers, try to turn down or completely turn off Anti-Aliasing in your graphic card utility (e.g. Catalyst Control Center / AMD Vision Engine Control center).
2) Also try placing a atioglxx.dll file into your Hammers directory.
Q: Where do I find any files?
A: Please, just use GOOGLE, thanks!